FortiGate-VM is a virtual next-generation firewall based on Fortinet’s FortiOS, designed for deployment in cloud environments. It offers advanced security features such as intrusion prevention (IPS), malware detection and protection, and continuous threat intelligence from FortiGuard Labs security services. With native integration with various cloud platforms, FortiGate-VM simplifies and delivers enterprise-class security for applications and workloads running in the cloud.
Fortinet Next Generation Firewall (NGFW) allows to:
reduce complexity by combining threat protection security capabilities into single high-performance network security appliances
identify and stop threats with powerful intrusion prevention beyond port and protocol that examines the actual applications in your network traffic
deliver the industry’s highest SSL inspection performance using industry-mandated ciphers while maximizing ROI
proactively block newly discovered sophisticated attacks in real-time with advanced threat protection
FortiGate virtual firewalls (FortiGate-VM), featuring advanced virtual security processing units (vSPUs), overcome the throughput barrier to provide top performance in private and public clouds. With FortiGate-VM, organizations can securely migrate any application and support a variety of use cases, including highly available large-scale virtual private networks (VPNs) in the cloud.
- Create a VM from a public image. Under Image/boot disk selection, go to the Cloud Marketplace tab and select FortiGate-VM — Fortinet Next-Generation Firewall.
- Connect to the GUI: go to https://<public_IP_address_of_VM>/ in your web browser and authenticate using the default user name, admin, and an empty password.
- After connecting, change the default administrator password.
- Network protection and VPN/SD-WAN capabilities
- Secure connectivity and advanced threat protection
- Cloud security services hub
- Secure remote access
- Critical workload protection
Please note that Nebius Israel does not provide technical support for this product. If you have any issues, please refer to the developer’s information resources.
You can find more information about Fortinet’s support services at Technical support.